Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Music of Christmas . . .

Autumn had her first Jr. High choir concert on Thursday.  It was the longest, but also my favorite choir concert, thus far.  Autumn decided to try out for an advanced choir called "Colla Voca".  It is an all girls choir and she has really enjoyed being part of the group.  This concert was REALLY long, it was too long . . . but the choir teacher did some really neat things that I hadn't seen before, and that is what made it one of my favorites!!  Autumn's group was the first to sing and all the girls were standing along the walls and sang "what Child is This" acapella - it was beautiful!!!  Here are a few pictures of the concert.


Here is Autumn with Colla Voca.  She is on the far right side, front (the the purple, gray and black stripes).

The very last song was "Carol of the Bells".  Colla Voca joined another group "Rhapsody" for this song.

In other news, I had to take Paisley for her second round of shots.  I hate taking her to do that - she gets so scared going to the back without me - but, it has to be done.  She has a cute little Christmas scarf too :o).



This next weekend is our busy weekend!!!  Friday we have the "Christmas Carol" play.  This will be my 9th year seeing it!!!  Saturday we are baking with my mom and Kristie and Sunday we have the family Bingo party at Misty's.  Of course, the one thing that is different from every other year - is Haylee missing.  Some days are easier than others, but it is always on my mind.  I saw her for literally 90 seconds on Sunday at church.  That is the first I have seen her in about 6 weeks.  She never calls or texts . . . we never hear from her.  I literally can not imagine doing that to my family . . .I am at a loss with the whole thing!!!  Praying things will turn around!!

Serving Him,
Jess

No comments: